Image Map

Follow Me!

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Taking Time to "Just Chill"


 
Just chill.
How many times have you had that said to you? It seems like I just give off this attitude of being very non-chilled. If I had a dollar every time someone said that to me, I would be a multi-billionaire by now. I think I am uptight - I get anxious if I sit around too long doing nothing. I'm compulsive, I know that. And if I don't be careful, life can just become a blend. It already has. Hours merging together, days becoming so similar that there seems no point in getting up in the morning...where is the beauty in that?

Playing my violin - a brief respite from the monotony that my life seems to have become. I love music. I love feeling the strings hum underneath my fingertips. I love making my bow stroke the inked notes into music - beautiful music. I love letting the notes fill my mind, swelling within my soul, allowing it to drown out the hurt, the pain, the anger, until the music is all I have. I love music.

Taking pictures - a window to another life, a life devoid of worries and saturated only with beauty. I love photography. I love feeling the curve of my camera fit into my hand. I love hearing the click as another moment is perserved, another memory created, one that I can treasure forever.


Running - a chance to relieve the stress of life and to be free. I love running. I love feeling the track pound beneath my feet. I love how the wind breaks over my face. I even love the pattern of my sweat on my forehead. I love the beat of my ponytail against the back of my neck. I love the strain of my lungs, the Skillet music throbbing in my ear, the aching of my legs. I love wishing that I could stop but knowing that I won't be able to until I am so exhausted there is no will left in me to even breathe.

Violin, photography and running give me thrills - taking time each day to do these things makes my heart so much lighter. Speaking of running, I cut my mile time down to eight minutes - after a month of not running (due to my low hemoglobin), I am very happy with eight minutes, though I am hoping to get it down to six eventually.

Relax, my friends - and take a little time to"just chill".

11 replies:

Bob West said...

Thanks Bekah.

Thats the best advice I have had in a long time. I need to rest in the love of Christ.

Bob

Anna Gray said...

Oh I couldn't agree more, Bekah! Everyone does need time to 'just chill.' =)

Golden Eagle said...

I feel the same way when I'm running. I love just focusing on the rythmic stride and letting my worries go temporarily.

Hunter said...

mabye thats something we need to do more often. Play the violin or run for The Golden Eagle or for me compose or just play some sort of music on either the guitar or piano. I think God intended to have some things in every person's life to help them "just chill."

Renae said...

"Just chill."
Sounds like something I should probably take to heart. As for running, I know exactly how you feel. It's a greatful escape.

carissa said...

i like chilling. maybe that's why i'm still in my pj's at almost 4 in the afternoon (gasp!). you are so talented... photography and violin?!!! you rock gal!

Chloe M. Kookogey said...

I can totally relate, Bekah. When I read the post, I was amazed at how much you are like me. I also get very uptight, and sometimes have to remind myself to relax - and remind myself that God will take care of any problems. Thanks for posting!

Love,
Lizzy

Anonymous said...

Yes I love that font...though for the life of me I can't remember how to spell it. :)

I also like Organic Elements...Dafont has some BEAUTIFUL fonts. :) I was sent a site that had like a TON of fonts. Like fonts with the beginning letter of "A" had like 26 pages! and there's quite a few fonts per page. :)

Love ya gal,
Awel

Emma said...

Hi, Everyone!
It's Emma. I'm posting this on every blog. Over at my blog Summer Girl, I'm hosting a poetry contest. Yes, I know, not very original, right? The thing is, I haven't done much poetry and I'm not very good at it, so you'd all be helping me a lot to get me inspired and to see what everyone writes about.
I would love it if you would enter a poem! There are 3 winners (unless a lot of people enter), and I think you'll get an award of some sort if you win. Unless I can think up something better:)
So please join! The more people join, the better, because then more people get prizes and the more people help me be a better poet!

Thanks! Please stop by! http://summergirl-ew.blogspot.com.
~Emma

Bleah Briann//Lovely said...

Haha...my uncle says "Just Chill-ax." LOL, it cracks me up. Anways, I was wondering if you know anything about adding signatures to your comment. So that you always have something when you leave a comment. I've heard others talk about it and I figured you would be the one to ask.
With Love and Blessings,
Bleah Briann

Anna Gray said...

Bekah, I awarded you over at my blog! =)

Related Posts with Thumbnails