Image Map

Follow Me!

Saturday, February 25, 2012

the first time I've received flowers from a boy; or, the awkwardest moment of my life.

Imagine every single awkward moment you've ever had in your entire life, combined into one, times 1000000000000000000000000000000 to the 100000000000th degree, and you won't even be close to imagining last night.

I was asked to prom, with flowers and chocolate truffles, the expensive kind in the box with the ribbon and the gold seal. 

Awwwhh! you might be thinking. That's so sweet! 

Um yeah....no. 

He was terrified, I was mortified, it was awful.

I'll break it down for you.....

I'd heard some rumors that he was going to ask me that night, so I was wearing jeans, my hair up, in a t-shirt with make-up on and contacts in. Sounds casual? When I'm at my house, I'm in sweatshirts, sweatpants, with no makeup, glasses on, hair everywhere. So I was looking pretty good for being at home. 

The doorbell rings, my mom answers it, and yells for me. I come down and he's standing there, holding roses and chocolate. He looks like he's about to pee his pants. I act surprised, "Ohh heeeey ____!"

He doesn't even say hi, just blurts out, "Willyougotopromwithme?" and sticks out the roses and truffles with this frightened half-grimace on his face. 

 I take them, and I said thank you like a million times because I didn't know what else to say...and then I was like "hey could I let you know about prom? I'll think about it and talk to my parents and stuff, and I'll talk to you at school sometime." 

And then we have this split second of just standing there. And believe me, that was the longest freaking split second EVER.

I move toward the door to open it for him, he moves toward me, we do this awkward bobble thing, then say our farewells and he leaves and I start freaking out. 

Even though it was the awkwardest thing of my LIFE, I was happy to receive flowers from a boy for the first time ever..and the truffles are soooo good :)

hahah boys are silly.






Related Posts with Thumbnails