Image Map

Follow Me!

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Wow...

I am struck speechless by how much trash there is in this world (bet you weren't expecting that).
I am so overwhelmed by it; sometimes I get incredibly discouraged. The fact that God can continue to love Earth and people in general is amazing to me. How could humans have fallen this far? Satan has such a strong hold on a lot of people, especially in America!
As a Christian, my first priority is to stay un-polluted by this world. James 1:27 says: Religion that God our Father consideres pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself from being polluted by this world.
"and to keep oneself from being polluted by this world." How do I do that?
Well Pslam 119:9-11 says:
How can a young man keep his way pure? By living according to your word.
I seek you with all my heart; do not let me stray from your commands.
I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

People, reading the Bible is so key. I have sometimes thought, "Geez, the Bible is boring!" But what other book is impacting the lives of so many people all over the world? But what other book is truly a Living Word? What other book has so many things you can learn in it?
To me, the Bible is truly the most amazing book in the whole entire world.
We have the very words of God in this book. The very words of him who holds the world in his hands. I don't truly appreciate the Bible as I should. The Bible is God speaking to us.
We need to rely on that and prayer to keep us from being unpolluted by this world.

0 replies:

Related Posts with Thumbnails