Image Map

Follow Me!

Friday, February 27, 2009

Sharing My Random and Varied Muses

Watch your thoughts;
they become words.
Watch your words;
they become actions.
Watch your actions;
they become habits.
Watch your habits;
they become your character.
Watch your character;
it becomes your destiny.

Sorry, just had to share that with you.
There are a few other things I would like to share with you.
One, is a website. I know, I know, after such a thought-rendering thought I just shared with you, I'm sharing a website?
Here it is: http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebitesize/games/
Scroll all the way to the bottom, and you'll see a game titled State of Debate.
That game kept me occupied for a long time, taking up time that I knew could be spent chipping away at the complex plot of my story. And I spent it on this game! That is how intoxicating it is. It is extremely fun! And my mom counts it as schoolwork. I mean, come on. How much funner can school get?
Okay, the game is about how you are trying to worm your way out of this extremely spoofy world.
Like this government has all these extremely wacko laws, like you can't wear hoodies because they appear dodgy, and you can't wear baggy pants, and you can't hold hands with a person of the opposite gender in public, and you have to have licenses to wear hoodies, hold hands, wear baggy pants, go on picnics, go into restaurants that serve things other then vegetarian food.
It is so fun! And you are caught wearing baggy pants, wearing hoodies and you have to worm your way out of accusation and, eventually, jail.
PLAY IT!
I was going to share some other things...but I can't now, because I need to go eat dinner.
Oh, I am reading Brisingr by Christopher Paolini. The only thing that slightly disheartens me is that he draws inspiration from Philip Pullman's His Dark Materials. Which is demonic.
That discourages me...but oh well.
Paolini's writing is great, whatever his religon. Of course I hope he is a Christian, but it's not like I am going to stop reading his awesome Inheritance Cycle because of it.
Love to y'all and God's peace,
-Bekah

0 replies:

Related Posts with Thumbnails